Location: Tiffin, OH or Andersonville, TN
Reports to: Chief Strategy Officer
Date Posted: 11.10.14 – 11.17.14Essential Function:
The primary role of the VP, Vendor Relations, is to develop, implement, and direct an integrated strategy for managing our Suppliers in a manner that we: increasingly articulate the relevant solutions for our customers, continuously improve efficiency throughout the supply chain, and create long term profit improvement for Seneca Medical. The successful individual will develop strong relationships with our suppliers, understand trends and emerging ideas in the industry, and find ways to take cost out of our supply chain as a % of sales.Scope:
Responsibilities include development and facilitation of collaborative relationships with top suppliers, management and continuous improvement of our supplier scorecards, and successful management of our Distribution agreements. The individual will develop and implement a preferred provider program in which Seneca earns incremental margins for driving better than market growth. Individual will work with our product sourcing department to identify, coordinate, and market our P/L initiative. Individual will work cross functionally to identify supply chain efficiencies such as: order optimization, increased utilization of EDI, inventory reduction while maintaining industry leading fill rates, order receipt, AP, contract management, Sales and Marketing.Position responsibilities:
- Development and facilitation of collaborative relationships with top Suppliers with main focus on top 65 from a revenue perspective as well as key strategic suppliers
- Management of the Master Distribution agreement, in a manner that maximizes Seneca’s opportunity to annually improve the gross margin, decrease unnecessary expense in the supply chain and improve our profitability.
- Continue to refine and develop a vendor scorecard that helps identify and prioritize opportunities to work collaboratively with our vendors to take cost out of the supply chain for Seneca, its suppliers and its customers.
- Work cross functionally with each dept in the company to identify ways to continuously take cost out of all processes that touch our vendors including procurement, order receipt, AP, contract management, Sales and Marketing.
- Work with Vendors on special projects like new customer implementation, geographic expansion or other situations that might call for extraordinary collaboration.
- Manage the continued development and expansion of our HCS brand in an effort to drive accretive margin enhancements annually without damaging PP relationships.
- Work with Sales and Marketing to develop CSM into the most impactful meeting in the industry.
- Maintain knowledge of the Healthcare industry in a way that helps bring insight and opportunity to the Seneca strategic planning process.
The above is intended to describe the general content of and requirements for the performance of this position. It is not to be construed as an exhaustive list or statement of duties, responsibilities or requirements.Supervisory Responsibilities
Vendor Relations – Administrative Director, Sourcing
Director, Channel Management
Equivalent Education Level Requirements:
College degree preferably BS/BS in business or like studyExperience Required:
At least 15 years of experience in the healthcare industryKey skills and Characteristics:
A successful candidate will exhibit the following;
Master negotiation skills
Rapport building skills
Supply chain expertise
Must thoroughly understand all aspects of the Healthcare Supply Chain including Health Systems, LTC, Physician, Vendors, GPOs. Thorough understanding of implications of the Affordable Care Act. Must have a good working knowledge of financials and budgets.
Please submit resume to Human Resources at email@example.com